Year End Update 2013
Luke 21:11 – “And there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.”
Prophecy Sign: Earthquakes and Earthquake Swarms
Mark 13:8 – “There will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines . . .”
Luke 21:11 – “And there will be great earthquakes . . .”
According to USGS statistics, , the normal yearly average for earthquakes is 134 per year for those between 6.0 and 6.9 on the Richter scale, 15 per year for those between 7.0 and 7.9, and 1 for those greater than 8.0. This year, 2013, has been another remarkably quiet year for “great” earthquakes, but total earthquakes are way up:
1. Quakes in the 8.0 and above range were again double the average.
2. Quakes in the 6.0 to 7.9 range were slightly below average.
4. The number of large earthquakes (130) this year was almost identical to last year (127).
5. Deaths attributed to earthquakes this year (1507) were double to last year (768).
6. The total number of earthquakes (93436) is 5 times greater than last year (18328).
7. The total number of earthquakes (93436) is 2.9 times greater than any in any of the past ten years (31777).
For statistics on previous years see: Earthquake Update 2012/
Prophecy Sign: Signs In The Heavens
Luke 21:25 – “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring.”
The Three Comets arrived this year – Comet Pan-Starrs made its closest pass near the Earth on March 5th and on March 10th it made its closest approach to the sun. Comet Lemmon passed closest to the sun on March 24th. Comet Ison made its appearance in November. 2013 was also a busy year for asteroids and meteoroids with two approaches in October within the distance of the earth to the moon.
Prophecy Sign: Flooding
Luke 21:25 – “And upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring . . .”
Flooding throughout the globe is the final category we will explore. Major flooding has occurred in Colorado and Illinois-USA, India, the Philippians, Pakistan, Calgary-Canada, Queensland-Australia, Thailand, and Somalia, just to mention the most severe. In December, flooding turned into crippling snow for many parts of the United States, Jerusalem-Israel, and Cairo-Egypt.
Prophecy Sign: Famines
Mark 13:8 – “There will also be famines . . .”
Despite the droughts and floods that hit many parts of the food producing areas of the world, severe famine in the Pacific, Latin American, Caribbean and Asian areas actually decreased during 2013 compared to last few years. It continues to plague Ethiopia, and other parts of Africa, however.
Prophecy Sign: Waters Turned Blood Red
Revelation 16:3-4 – “The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died. Then the third angel poured out his bowl into the rivers and the springs of waters; and they became blood.”
In November, the waters in the canal in Nootdorp , South Holland turned blood red overnight. In December, many of Australia’s most popular beaches were closed as the water turned blood red, and also in a river in Myjava, a small municipality on the border to the Czech Republic.
Prophecy Sign: Strange Noises
Romans 8:22 – “We know that all creation is still groaning and is in pain, like a woman about to give birth.”
These noises continue to hit various regions and seem to have once again begun to peak starting in November, primarily in Canada and the United Kingdom.
There have been 789 confirmed (928 unconfirmed) tornadoes in the United States compared to 939 confirmed for 2012. Europe has seen 57 tornadoes this year, Australia 7, Asia and South America 2 each. An EF5 tornado hit Moore, Oklahoma on May 20th, the largest magnitude ever recorded. 110 fatalities have been confirmed worldwide in 2013 – 52 in the United States, 31 in Bangladesh, 24 in China, and 3 in Turkey, according to Wikipedia.
Volcanic activity this year has increased once again this year, with 83 eruptions in 2013 compared to 55 last year.
Sinkholes have continued to appear in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Illinois and California, as well as in Guatemala, Israel, and China.
Mark 13:8 – “. . . . These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.”
The question of whether the heavenly and earthly signs are increasing as do birth pains during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester, is a valid question for the days in which we live. Are these signs increasing and are they indeed the beginning of birth pangs? Hold your horses, not yet!
Matthew 24:6-8 states that:
• Israel will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Many times the Palestinians, Syria, and Iran have been rumored to be minutes away from starting a war with Israel?
• Ethnic tribes will be rising up against other ethnic tribes. The Arabs, the Palestinians, and many others are against the Israelis. The Saudis are against the Hashemites. Etc.
• Religious factions will rise up against other religious factions. The Sunnis rise up against the Shiites. The Shiites rise up against the Wahhabites.
• Nations will rise up against other nations. Saudi Arabia against Syria. Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, and just about every other nation in the world are beginning or have already risen up against Israel.
• There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. This year has seen both in various places throughout the world.
Matthew and Mark both warn, however: “See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.” Before the world is verifiably experiencing what Yeshua terms birth pangs, false prophets will arise who will mislead many, lawlessness must increase, and the gospel will be preached to all the nations. Only after these things, will the third trimester pangs begin and the end come.
Prophecy continues to unfold as foretold by the Hebrew prophets. The stage is being set. History is moving extremely quickly towards the prophesied one world government, the one world financial system, and the rise of both the Antichrist and the False Prophet. The birth pangs are just over the horizon. Yeshua Ha’Mashiach is coming soon – get busy reaching the lost.