Fall Series 2
This fall series of blogs is meant to encourage you to read, listen to, study, and become knowledgeable about end times prophecy, and to encourage you to discuss your findings with others. The ultimate goal of the summer and fall series of blogs is to bring you to a closer relationship with the one Hebrew names: Yeshua Ha’Mashiach. Yeshua’s return is imminent – the season of his return is upon us.
The United States – Following Others?
Citizens of the United States want to know what role the United States will play in the end times. If Biblical and historical patterns and parallels are any indication, perhaps the role will be minimal or none at all.
United States Parallels To Ancient Rome:
• Rome was established by people from across the sea – who came looking for religious freedom.
• The rock where the Romans first landed is called “Pilgrim’s Rock, the foundation of the Temple of Jupiter.”
• Early Rome had two political parties – the Populares or “the left-wing,” and the Optimates, or “the right-wing,” commonly called the Assembly and the Senate.
• Roman citizens stood for the playing of the national anthem and saluted their flag when it was raised.
• The symbol of the Roman Empire was the eagle.
• The center of Roman government was at Capital Hill in Rome, Italy.
• Rome was well known for its chariot races, sports events, and stadiums – athletes were the highest paid individuals in the empire.
• A civil war was fought over slavery and its leader, Julius Caesar, was assassinated.
• Rome allowed the killing of infants and openly practiced homosexuality.
• Romans began to accept eastern religions into their society, especially during the 1960s and 1970s.
• Rome had a senate just prior to its demise that had no god or religious belief, and was basically corrupt.
• At the end, Rome was totally corrupt, its middle class was dead, and barbarians moved in and destroyed the nation.
The United States
□ The United States was established by people from across the sea – who came looking for religious freedom.
□ The rock where the pilgrims were first said to have landed is called “Plymouth Rock, the precise boulder on which the Mayflower pilgrims first stepped when disembarking.”
□ The United States has two political parties – the House of Representatives and the Senate.
□ United States citizens stand for the playing of the national anthem and salute their flag when it is raised.
□ The symbol of the United States is the eagle.
□ The center of United States government is Capital Hill in Washington, D.C.
□ The United States is well known for its NASCAR and other races, sports events, and stadiums – athletes are some of the highest paid individuals in the nation.
□ A civil war was fought over slavery and its leader, Abraham Lincoln, was assassinated.
□ The United States allows the killing of infants (abortion) and openly practices homosexuality.
□ The United States began to accept eastern religions into their society, especially during the 1960s and 1970s.
□ The actions and attitudes or our current administration seem to indicate that our senate is both godless and corrupt – otherwise they would not be passing hate crimes bills which have provisions that specifically target Christians and also bribing members for votes on a health care bill!.
History tells us, however, that it wasn’t just the lack of faith in God that caused the fall.
• Rome really began to decline because the Roman bridges and roads needed repair and they raised taxes to make the repairs and put people to work.
□ Can we say stimulus package – one provision of which is supposed to help the individual states hire workers to repair the roads and bridges and other much needed infrastructures?
• The taxes became so great upon the Roman middle class that the incentive to go to work or to start businesses crumbled.
□ One wonders if this will happen to the United States as well. The economy is still struggling twelve years after the attack on the World Trade Centers in September of 2001, and taxes continue to rise, especially upon the middle class. Both small and large businesses are beginning to be drowned in debts due to the passage of Obamacare.
Read More: Gary Rekstad: Once There Was A Great Nation
This essay is also found in “Stories In His Own Hand, The Everyday Wisdom of Ronald Reagan” by Kiron K. Skinner, Annelise Anderson, Martin Anderson and George P. Shultz (October, 2007)
United States Parallels To Ancient Israel:
• Israel was in bondage (slavery) in Egypt for 400 years.
• Israel crossed the Red Sea to get to their promised land.
• Israel began with 13 tribes (Ephraim and Manasseh were both included in Joseph’s tribe)
• Israel took lands from the Canaanites for their own
• Israel had Jerusalem that belonged to no tribe as their seat of government
• Israel was divided between north (Israel) and south (Judah)
• Israel used the Torah for their moral laws and foundational documents
• Israel’s people rejected God as their King and wished for a human king (They got Saul)
• Israel saw decline when God was rejected and the nation placed its hope in human government
• Israel began to mix Torah with foreign gods
The United States
□ The United States first began to deal with the issue of removing its people from slavery in the 1800s.
□ The United States was in bondage (slavery) in Egypt for 400 years.
□ The United States began with 13 colonies
□ The United States lands from native peoples to possess it
□ The United States has Washington, D.C. as its seat of government and capital city
□ The United States before the Civil War was divided between the Union States and the Confederate States
□ The United States foundational documents were predicated on the premise that its people were a God fearing, moral people
□ The United States’ people rejected God as their King and wished for a human king. (We got O’Bummer)
□ The United States has seen tremendous decline after God was rejected during the 1960s and the nation placed its hope in human government
□ The United States has begun to mix Christianity with Islam, calling it Chrislam.
Read More: Perry Stone, “Unusual Prophecies Being Fulfilled #3
United States Parallels To Ancient Egypt:
The Architecture of the United States
Architecture, especially in Washington, D.C., is amazingly similar to that of Egypt. Below is a small sample of the symbols and architecture of ancient Egypt and the United States that have comparable patterns:
• The Washington Monument is just an Egyptian obelisk
• The symbol on the back of the US $1 Bill is patterned after the uncapped pyramid in Giza
• The eye above the pyramid is the eye of Apollos / Horus / Osiris / Nimrod, the son of Lucifer
• The Statue of Liberty was originally designed for Egypt, but was adopted by the US
• The Statue of Liberty is also a sculpture of the Roman God Juno
The Seal of the United States
Ben Franklin wanted a seal that portrayed “the dramatic historical scene described in Exodus, where people confronted a tyrant in order to gain their freedom.” This seal depicted Moses standing on the shore with his hands outstretched over the sea, Pharaoh sitting in an open chariot, a crown on his head and a sword in his hand, and rays from the pillar of fire in the clouds. It said: Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. The Seal of the United States eventually became the Eagle – a stylized Phoenix that Egyptians may have recognized as the Benu.
Read More: Thomas Horn, “ApollyonRising-2012”.
The Story of Liberty Weblog: http://thestoryoflibertyblog.com/2012/11/19/benjamin-franklins-great-seal-of-the-united-states-design/
The Great Seal Website: http://www.greatseal.com/committees/firstcomm/reverse.html
The Politics of the United States
The United States, like Egypt, is about 400 years old, if one counts from the founding of Jamestown in 1607, and we have a government increasingly run by a dictatorial, unconstitutional president who does not appear to know Yahweh or Yahweh’s commands. Like Egypt’s Pharaoh, who made plans against the Hebrew people, so today the United States’ President is making plans against modern day Israelis.
The Egyptian political system began to fracture due to the burdens placed upon the people. The United States political system also shows signs of fracturing. Bi-partisanship is hard to find these days. The American people, like its politicians, are also becoming divided over religion, free speech, nationalizing banks, auto industry, abortion, homosexuality, stem cell research, same sex marriage, taxes, bailouts, etc.
Is The United States going to fall? Again, we can see the patterns. The United States is exactly parallel in every statement to ancient Rome. Has the tax burden and national debt become so huge that the United States is headed for collapse?
Just as Israel went blind because of unbelief and was removed, so also America appears to be headed into unbelief. At first Israel leaned on God, but later rejected God and demanded a King. The United States appears to be doing the same thing. We have forsaken God, turned to a man, and are now depending upon the system to meet our needs. One can only ask, “Is the United States headed for judgment or destruction?”
The United States parallels to Egypt are also undeniable. One must ask if Obama’s thirty czars can be labeled “taskmasters”, and if the burdens upon our people and the increasing divisions will cause our government to fail? If the answer is “yes”, then one can only ask, “Is the United States headed for dismemberment or dissolution?”
If the Biblical and historical patterns portray future events, one can only surmise that the United States is indeed headed for collapse, judgment, destruction, dismemberment, or dissolution.