Rampant Lawlessness Increases
A Definition of Lawlessness
When most people hear the word “lawless”, they picture anarchy, but this is not an accurate definition. A lawful society is governed by its laws, a lawless society is ruled by power. In a lawful society, the law applies to everyone. In a lawless society it does not apply to those who are in power. Therefore, lawless means “an unequal application of laws”. Today’s world seems to be “falling apart” in more than one way. It isn’t enough that natural disasters are widespread and appear to be more intense, but now we see an increase in lawlessness as well.
What Was Once Lawful Has Now Become Lawless.
• Congress passes laws which it does not read, much less adhere to once passed.
• Leaked Guantanamo documents reveal US brutality and lawlessness.
• The registrar’s signature on the recently released Obama Birth Certificate looks like “ukulele”. Is this a forgery?
• A homosexual judge declares unconstitutional a pro marriage proposition passed by the people. Does the judge benefit from this ruling, from his new found freedom to “marry” his lover? If so, then he has placed himself in a position where the law does not apply to those who are in power!
• The Syrian President has citizens shot for desiring better living conditions.
• The Libyan President is waging war against his own citizens.
• Sharia Law allows a family the right to execute (an honor killing) a woman who has been raped to restore the honor of the family.
• Sharia Law allows a husband to beat his wife ‘at will’ and the man does not have to say why he has beaten her.
• Sharia Law allows a husband to have 4 wives and a temporary wife for an hour (prostitute) at his discretion.
• Palestinian policemen, in an act of wanton slaughter, opened fire at a convoy of Jewish worshipers near Joseph’s Tomb in Nablus.
• Violations of human rights are condemned in one country but ignored in another.
How many examples of lawlessness can you find?
What Was Once Called Good Is Now Called Evil.
• The Freedom from Religion Foundation is claiming that asking public school children to recite the Pledge is, in effect, “child neglect” or “child abuse”! What was once teaching our children about patriotism and our nation’s heritage is now called evil.
• Our leaders used to recognize Easter and defend the Pledge and marriage. Now all three are neglected at best, and deemed evil at worst.
• A Federal judge rules that inaction is also a form of action.
• Homosexuality is declared just another alternative lifestyle, rather than the sin of adultery as defined by scripture.
• Abortion is called a “woman’s choice”, rather than the sin of murder as defined by scripture.
How many examples of evil being called good can you find?
We are quickly becoming a lawless society and lawless world, just as predicted by scripture. “Therefore beloved, since you are forewarned, beware that you are not carried away with the error of the lawless” (2 peter 3:17). Jesus also warns us not to let our love grow cold as we see lawlessness increasing (Matthew 24:12).
As lawlessness increases one must ask the question: “How close are we to the return of Christ?”